Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Scheduling

So I haven't been able to contact any of the psychologists on the large-ish list that I have been given. This bothers me, because I was hoping to have some sort of regular appointment set up for the beginning of the semester, but that is looking like it may not happen so soon. Likewise, I have to reschedule my appointment with the psychopharmacologist for it to be sooner, because right now the appointment is three days after my pills will run out, and I don't want to go through a needless withdrawl. If I'm going to be going back off of it, I need a few days of weaning, and if I'm going to be staying on it, I need a prescription. That will also be the session in which I decide whether I'm going to stay with that doctor or try and find someone else. I think that actually a psychiatrist instead of a psychopharmacologist might be better. Initially I thought the opposite, but I really feel that the psychopharmacologists are less personal, and I don't like that. It feels like I'm being told to do something instead of it being a mutual decision, and being told to do something is a huge trigger for rage for me, so that's bad.

Hopefully I will get into the classes I want, because if I don't, I have to reschedule a lot of stuff, and in general I don't think that there could be a better schedule for me to have. I only have to deal with each class once a week, allowing me some freedom in deciding when is the best time of the week for me to get work done, and it also leaves me more time for working on my own independent work, as well as scheduling things like therapy appointments and appointments with my committee.

Having a good schedule is really important for me this semester. I'm going to be taking four classes, something I haven't done since my first semester here at Hampshire, and I need to pass them all. One of my problems with taking that many classes is that I feel overwhelmed by the amount of time I have to spend in the wonderful high-anxiety environment that is the classroom. The thing is, it takes me about an hour to relax in a classroom. This makes longer, single classes ideal, and shorter classes that meet multiple times a week very annoying and difficult. If I only have to deal with four class periods, I think that passing four classes is very potentially possible.

No comments: