Monday, January 17, 2005

Beliefs

I believe that we are meant to learn something from almost everything, if not everything, that happens to us in our lives. I also believe that many things in our lives happen for a reason. Now, I don't believe in 'destiny' or what have you, but I do think that, whether by our hand or something else's, we're guided toward certain paths in our lives.

I believe in a wanky form of reincarnation. I don't believe that there's a straight soul-to-soul exchange, but I believe that when we die, we all rejoin with kind of an amorphous blob of energy/spirit/soul/whatever word you want to use. When someone is born, they are scooped out of that blob of energy, and so everyone is made up of chunks of everyone/everything else. It's very circular.

While I'm not sure I believe in any sort of 'head god', I do believe in spirits of a small variety of sorts, though I think that they can/do only have a small amount of influence, if any, over life in this world. This can relatively simply be summed up by saying I believe in positive and negative energies.

So there are a few of the facets of my beliefs. I'd love to answer questions, so I can explain more/clarify.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your view of reincarnation is very much the same as mine. I saw a quote once that has stuck with me: "The return of a soul to god is like the breaking of a flask of water in the sea."

Interestingly, your beliefs on why things happen are kind of the inverse of mine: I believe in what basically amounts to a weak form of predestination, which comes from being bound to physical laws with exceptions that can work themselves in at the quantum level and get amplified from there, but I don't think anything much is guiding it or that it means anything.

-Stephen