Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Kyudo

Peter is strongly considering taking kyudo this coming semester, from Marion, the best martial arts instructor Hampshire has, and, frankly, one of the best I've met. I think it would be good for him, and that he will enjoy it, if he lets himself.

Once I have my schedule set up, if I have the correct time blocks open, I may go back to it as well. I should probably go back as a beginner, since it's been a year and a half since I practiced, but I also don't want to make Peter uncomfortable by us being in the same class. I think that it might be good for me to get back into - maybe I'm a little better prepared now to learn the patience it entails, but then again, it may also be a little too much, with all I have heaped on my plate for this coming semester. Then again, that may actually be a good reason to do it again, as something to calm me down at the end of the day.

I'm rather conflicted about this, as it could go really well or really poorly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you practiced well for a while, you shouldn't have to go back to a beginner class. You'll be surprised how much body memory you will have, once you get a little refresher, and a chance to review the form through, even once. We're all refreshing, no matter how long we practice, really. We'd be happy to have you practice with us in the Hampshire dojo, called Shuuko. Come anytime.